Sunday, March 30, 2008

I baked


2 weeks later, but oh well - I baked hot cross buns for the kids at work to celebrate easter!  Here is a picture of them in dough form (which we all know is better than when you've actually cooked the things).  I got the recipe from www.msn.com.au  - I recommend this site for recipes.  Easy to search, and they all come from the Women's Weekly.  Also, if you're a bit of a dud in the kitchen like me - it has a glossary so you can look up stuff like "What does shallot mean?"
 - Not that there were shallots in my hot cross buns.
FYI - they turned out really well (except for burnt bottoms - I blame the electric oven).  They were exceptionally good toasted with nutella. mmmm


2 comments:

Liz Cox said...

Oh they look good Katie. Are there little red bits in them or is that the camera flash making the raisins look funny? Could potentially be good with Cranberries now that I think about it....

x

k-lo said...

yep cranberries. thought i'd get a bit 'creative'
hehe