
Due to lack of anything else to do, I have been forced to back track to LAST weekend where we went for breakfast (well, it was 2pm, but it took us a while to get our shit together). Anyway, we went to what used to be the ass end of Lygon St, but is now so hip and groovy that it makes the 'little italy' end out ass it any day of the week. So yea, I think you call it Lygon St, East Brunswick. And the place was called Gingerlee. It's on a corner, and has nice big windows so lots of sun shines in and the whole placed is very relaxed but the menu is a little bit edgy which we love to find. I had roast lamb & papaya salad (as you do for breakfast) but they had so many yummy options it was tough and I felt like i needed iron and possibly something green. The coffees were top notch and came in cute brown nana cups from the 70s. They were playing lots of country music and were quite happy for us to read 2 days worth of The Age (including Saturday people!) all afternoon. Bless them. So much better than anything "proper lygon" has to offer (except the nova, and borders for reading magazines when you're waiting for your movie to start).
ok that seriously only killed 4 minutes! aaaggghhh
1 comment:
K-Lo. I LOVE your descriptions. I'm so getting myself down to the ass end of Lygon street. Nanna cups just make everything taste better!
x
Post a Comment